Pumpkin French Toast Rolls
recipe inspired by: Cooking Classy
- 18-20 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup Pumpkin Butter
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, flour, baking powder and pinch of pumpkin pie spice in a blender and blend for 10-15 seconds (or place ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined). Pour into a large shallow bowl, set aside.
- In another shallow bowl combine the sugar and 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, stir till evenly combined. Set aside.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten each piece of bread, then spread a line of pumpkin butter across the bottom edge of the flattened bread (I placed pumpkin butter in a zip close bag, then snipped off the corner to squeeze out evenly). Roll up and place seam side down. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Once they are all rolled up, dip them into the egg and milk mixture, letting them soak for about 5-10 seconds. Place on a lightly greased baking pan (I used my silicone baking mat), at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter, flip and brush again with melted butter. Bake for an additional 8-12 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Once cool enough to handle (but still quite warm), roll in the pumpkin spice and sugar mixture to coat. Serve warm with maple syrup. Enjoy!