Welcome to my mommy life here at mommytime365,
Have you ever locked yourself in the bathroom, turned on the water and just sat on the toilet to have some “mommy time”? Then the silence is broken by knocking and voices at the door. “mom are you in there”, “can I come in”? My favorite was a few days ago I wanted to go to the bathroom alone, I heard my daughter’s voice smooched against the door, “do you wanna build a snowman”.. I couldn’t be disappointed in the fact that the silence was broke when she did such a cute and silly thing. This is my life, my life as a mommy, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I have always loved to write, but my fear of rejection and less than perfect grammar skills kept me back. I kept it to just my journal. I have a knack for advice and love helping others. My grandma Virginia, who passed away this last March from Pancreatic Cancer, always said, “Jennifer, you should be a writer”. I just shrugged it off because of my own negative self-talk, so I’m embracing my life and my hobby. I want my children to see mommy following her dream and seeing that anything is possible if you just try.
This blog, even with it just launching, has given me new life. Forcing myself to step out of my box and get back to thinking about “me”. It’s where I can put my ideas to life, inspiration to do better, to explore new things and possibilities. I have had so much fun the last couple weeks brainstorming ideas of what I like to do, and it’s made me realize what I haven’t been doing for myself. It’s important for Jennifer to get out and have some “mommytime”, it’s about finding shortcuts, shopping, gift ideas, anything holiday related, recipes, and crafting ideas.
I’m not one to talk about myself, so I thought I’d put some random things about me. I love those emails that get sent around from friends, so I thought this was appropriate:
- My name is Jennifer, but friends call me Jenn.
- My makeup regimen consists of mascara and chapstick most days.
- My favorite season is fall. I love the crisp cold air, smell of fireplaces burning, football stadium lights, and piles of leaves for the kids to play in.
- I love the ocean, which I love where we live. An hour from the coast and an hour to the mountains, it’s a win-win.
- Married to my best friend, we’re approaching 9 years together in November, super excited.
- We have 3 amazing kids: Wyatt (6), Owen (5), and Haleigh (4).
- I like to think that I had everything to do with the reason we got our baby girl, my love for spreadsheets and ovulations strips were key…
- It’s time to announce to the world, “I love my minivan”. Not ashamed of being a soccer-mom. Now if it didn’t have the sunroof and everything I ever wanted I may feel differently, but yeah I love my Dodge Caravan.
- I gained 30#’s with each pregnancy and kept it. The people who say you’ll lose weight breast feeding were wrong and I feel robbed.
- My favorite flowers are Dahlias and didn’t know that until a friend of mine had done my wedding flower arrangements with them.
- I love Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
- I am a Christian, 10/27/2014 is my and my husband’s 1 year anniversary of our baptism. We were baptized in a local river, by our pastor, together and I feel it was more intimate than our wedding. It was amazing.
- My mom and my grandma (who passed away this last March) are my best friends. They’re both amazing women and I am so thankful to have them in my life.
- I wish I was as craft as my Aunti Pat. She’s truly amazing with all the things she can do.
- My favorite movie, hmmm.. Mindless movie: Clueless, otherwise I’d have to go with “It’s a Wonderful Life”.
- I love and I mean LOVE Christmas!!
- I am a huge Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer fan, huge!
- I am thankful that my mom let me keep all of my Strawberry Shortcake and Cabbage Patch toys, so I could pass them onto my kids. I love Strawberry Shortcake dolls, the vintage ones.
- I worry way-way too much about what others think of me, especially when it comes to family.
- My favorite food of all time is pizza, I could have it every day! I want to own a Papa Murphy’s someday, lol.
I look forward to sharing my adventures with you, and hope that by spending some of your “mommytime” with me you’ll feel inspired to take more “mommytime” for yourself. Please feel free to subscribe and please if you like my blog share with others.